Postpartum Services by Tannis Bundi Include:
As a Postpartum Doula in Toronto, I offer physical and emotional support to the new mother, partner and her family, by ensuring a smooth transition into parenthood. I'm there to help you establish a solid routine, to listen, comfort, and educate. Research shows women who are supported in the postpartum period have a reduction in postpatum depression, breastfeed longer and adjust to parenthood more quickly.
Basic postpartum package:
- Assistance with all newborn care (diapering, bathing, burping, swaddling, soothing, basic hygiene)
- Lactation support
- Emotional support for stressed and anxious parents
- Helping to organize household schedules
- Family adjustment strategies (especially beneficial with older siblings)
- Light housework and meal preparations
- Teaching basic infant massage techniques (very useful for digestive upset)
- Helping to identify coping strategies to soothe a new baby
- Provide community resources (medical and social)
*As a doula, I do not perform any clinical tasks, or recommend any medications.
Cost: $180 +hst for a 3 hour session
$465 +hst for a 9 hour session (3 visits of 3 hours each)
In our experience we find the greatest benefit for the family comes from 3 or more visits.
Basic postpartum package + 1 hour individualized yoga class:
Basic package (3 hours) plus 1 hour yoga session focusing on:
- Core and abdominal strengthening
- Pelvic floor strengthening
- Hip openers
- Tight shoulders and back
- Sore wrists
- Relaxation techniques